Thursday 25 April 2013

I went Card Crazy on Tuesday! :P

Hello Everyone, Hope you are all well. :)

Its been a long few days. I had a fantastic day on Tuesday, as you all know I spent a large portion of my day making cards and posted some of them up here. I then spent a few more hours making three more cards and then spent the rest of my afternoon and evening with my boyfriend. The restaurant we we went to was really nice, the food was amazing and the house wine was even better. lol. I don't think I've been that merry in a long time. :P Ooops. Well I had a good time, we spent our evening playing card games and watch Black Books. So much fun .

Last night my best friend and her husband invited my boyfriend and I round for a meal, as my birthday present. It was delicious and I got to play with their six week old little girl too which was fun. :) I  love kids, but I'm very happy I can hand them back for the moment. :) So its been a long few days and I have eaten so much food I could burst. Going to have to be careful from here on in with my 'diet'. :/ 

Anyway, I'll let you see the three other cards that I made up on Tuesday. Here's card number one. 

This card was made using:
  •  DoCraft Papermania "5x "7 White Card Blank
  • Springtime Collection Papers (Papercraft Inspiration Freebie Issue 111
  • Banner Paper is from an Unbranded Assortment in my stash
  • Brads - Unknown Brand - Green, Pink, Blue 
  •  Woodware Craft Collection, Kid's Birthdays - Sentiment 
  • ColourPro Collection Colouring Pencils - Brown, Pink, Green, Blue, Yellow 
  • Flatfriends Digital Stamps (Freebies) - Be My Valentine. 
  • cArtus Die - These ones are not named and I'm not sure how to describe the shape. 
     
     



    Here's an up closer photo of the girl. I really liked her and even though she's a valentine's day image I thought it worked really well for a birthday card too. :) 

    This was coloured with colourpro pencils, but hopefully next time I will be able to use my promarkers, as I now have a set that my boyfriend gave me for my birthday. 
       




    I used the same die for the matting of the image and for the sentiment strips. I really like this shape, even though I don't know what its called. :/
     



I saw some use brads like this before and I am looking for find some more colours to keep experimenting with the different ways I can use them. I like the effect. :)





Okay and here's the second card:

 This card was made using:
  •  Make & Create 4"x6" Cream Premade card
  • Springtime Collection Papers (Papercraft Inspiration Freebie Issue 111
  • Matting for oval is half off a 5"x7" Papermania white premade card.
  •  Woodware Craft Collection, Kid's Birthdays - Sentiment 
  • Marianne, Createables - LR0140 - Charleston Lady
  • cArtus Die - Oval and that shape I don't know again. :/



Now as you can see where I have adhered the oval down it has, over the last few days, creased up and left a bubble of sorts. I'm not sure why this has happened as it was flat to the card when I first adhered it and it has not been near any heating. It has been warm here just lately though, so maybe its due to that?



 I decided to try a sentiment that was a bit different. So I used the special word from the set and then inked up the day part of 'birthday' and after a couple of attempts managed to create 'It's your special day' as my sentiment.




And finally my third card.

 This card was made using:
  •  Make & Create "4x "6 Cream Card Blank
  • Springtime Collection Papers (Papercraft Inspiration Freebie Issue 111
  • Boofle Stamp Duo set - Couldn't see a specific name, but I think Duo is the name of a couple of stamp sets. 
  • ColourPro Collection Colouring Pencils - Brown, Yellow and Pink
  • cArtus Die - Oval - Largest and Smallest. 
This card came to mind as I was finishing the previous card and noticed that the oval shapes could be placed to create a paw shape. I have this Boofle set that I got for free when I subscribed to PaperCraft Inspirations Magazine. :) I really like this card and left it without a sentiment because I think it can be used for a wide range of different occasions that way.

Okay so that is what I have for you so far. I will be posting up another card over the weekend as I have some Thank you cards to make, need to send some out to those that sent me presents and cards. :) I'm looking forward to the mass production that will involve. :P 


Have a good day tomorrow (it's 22.30pm here). 
Bye for now. :)
Sara xx

4 comments: